Saturday, January 24, 2015

Something Old, Something New



I haven't written a poem in quite a while.
I'm not that good at it, and I don't really know how.
But I've always loved poetry.
So, hey. Let's give it a go, shall we?
Bear with me.


Such beauty is the star,
Twinkling in the darkness,
Like spotting a lighthouse when
You're lost at sea.

Such beauty is the star,
The warmth and light of it,
Licking across the skin,
As if it will swallow you whole
In its beauty.

Such beauty is the star,
That you can't help but to covet it
And keep it in your hands forever,
Even when its brightness dims
And you're the cause of it.

Such beauty is he,
Like the star,
With me mindlessly attempting
To recover back his light,

Such beauty is he,
That the sheer thought of him
Gives me the utmost warmth,
Just like a star.

Because he's just as beautiful
(If not more), as a star,
To me.

No comments: